As recent television advertisements have shown, there is a natural remedy increasing in popularity and now entering mainstream use. It has a variety of different forms, and the wide range of ailments it can help alleviate mean its momentum will only continue on an upwards trajectory. This remedy is CBD oil, a combination of a naturally occurring compound found in the host Cannabis plant and a carrier plant oil such as palm oil to form the finished product. It is the subject of an increasing amount of scientific and medical case studies in the health and wellbeing world, with the data showing positive results for a significant number of mental health conditions and other illnesses particularly centred around chronic pain.
The Science of CBD Oil
The main component of products like CBD vape oils, edibles, and many other items is a compound called Cannabidiol, but unlike its more infamous brother compound Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), it will not give you the sensation of getting high normally associated with Cannabis. The continuing studies are finding that CBD oil has an effect on the body’s specialised endocannabinoid system that regulates sleep patterns, appetite, and pain responses. It is found that chronic pain is reduced when CBD interacts with the body’s receptors and also reduces inflammation.
CBD In Its Different Forms
There are now many CBD oil products as production companies come up with new ideas, they now populate whole sections of wholefood and wellness stores and have led to a wealth of online CBD stores. The range of CBD oil products falls into these main groups –
- Orally taken tinctures, pills, and capsules.
- Edibles such as gummies and sweets are also taken via the mouth.
- Vaping liquids used in normal vape devices.
- Skincare products such as lotions, creams and salves are rubbed into the skin.
Depending on the type of illness the user is looking to treat might determine what product is best suited to their situation; the strength or amount of the CBD oil contained in the product would also factor into any decision. CBD oil is most easily absorbed by direct contact, oral tinctures placed under the tongue are highly effective whereas any product swallowed has to be first dissolved by stomach acid.
What Illnesses Are Affected?
There is a wide range of mental health disorders and life-changing illnesses that can be affected by the use of CBD oil; these include the following –
- CBD oil has been found to be effective in treating the chronic pain involved in arthritis, fibromyalgia, and multiple sclerosis.
- It can also have an impact on many mental health disorders, including insomnia, anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- CBD oil may have neuroprotective properties and be an option for sufferers of epilepsy and MS.
- The reduction of cancer-related symptoms such as pain, nausea, and vomiting.
- There are benefits to the heart and circulatory system, which include lowering blood pressure and increasing arterial function.
This is not a complete list by any means; if you feel you could benefit from using CBD oil, investigate further by using one of the many informative articles that are available online, and some welcome relief might be within your grasp.